Thursday, June 2, 2011

Everything's Turning Up Tera Rose

I seemed to get more Tera Rose paint on me today than on the canvas...from my lips to my arms! Why doesn't anyone say, "Hey, you have paint on your face!" Do they really think I'm that bad at applying lipstick?

I visited Sliding Rock State Park today...a mass of Tera Rose colored rocks. Well, I made the mistake of trying to paint a rock formation up close and personal. The details where an overwhelming jigsaw puzzle. I went back and simplified the foreground, leaving the detail at the top. Still, it wasn't all that...at least I got further with the color exploration today...obviously!

So, with just over an hour left to belt out a study after scouting out the place all day, my feet were killing me and the park was closing soon. The wind was stinging my eyes and lips and the temperature was dropping. With red paint all over me, I figured it was time to pack it in.

I enjoyed taking photos on the trail where it was too hard to carry all my art supplies...and I got some good future painting reference material.



Slide Rock State Park in Arizona


Big fun


The crowds


Mom maneuvers


Gorgeous water and lichen on the rocks


"The Slide"


Tera Rose Glow


Mohawks and red rock faces


The three sisters


Ice cold!


The deep


Shall I?


Cool dude


Jumpers


Far down


Hiking back through fields


The big view


Finally found the view I'd been looking for when I first drove by...


Andrew Wyeth was here...


Wonder what Moses would have done...


A golden moment...this was part of what I was attempting to paint today.


Returning to town


Watching the sunset with a couple of wild pigs


Favorite rocks


Far out

1 comment:

Michelle Wells Grant said...

Breathtaking! Now I'm going to have to go there someday ... I've never been. (Are you going to bring the Cool Dude home????)