Saturday, January 1, 2011

Just Start!



So it's a new year and a clean slate...what will you paint on the canvas of life this year?

OK...no time for perfect starts...there's a million different approaches I could take! I just have to do this! Here goes the first underpainting on this 15x30" linen canvas.

I've already started a smaller version and I'm just jumping into the large scale final size. I may go back and work out problems on the smaller one at the same time, but for now, I just need to start and finish this overly procrastinated project!

Savoring the smell of the oils, the sound of my brush scraping over the linen....I drink in the moment paint meets the soul. Ahhh. I wonder why it always takes me so long to get to the easel each time I paint. Hmm. My mind wanders in and out to Nora Jones, as my waves start to crash on the beach and I recall lost loves and tender moments along the shores of life.

It just doesn't get any better than this!

No comments: