Monday, January 24, 2011

Vision and Action

Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world.
~Joel A. Barker

Setting intentions, and following up, has been a challenge for me in the daily grind. Sometimes a visit to the studio consists of looking through books, taking notes or sketching...and only dreaming about the next painting. Other times, with the best of intentions, I roll up my sleeves and furiously clean and rearrange my workspace....and time passes.

But, then there are the days when I grasp my vision firmly amidst the mess and chaos, and the paint simply flows through the ends of my fingertips. To me, it seems to take a little dreaming, a bit of vision...and a whole lot more painting action to find the artist within --or change the world!

No comments: