Monday, November 1, 2010

Exiting Right


Saturday, October 23, 3:01 p.m.
Last stop, Desert View lookout, Grand Canyon, AZ.


Some of my favorite sayings are from Nelson Mandela. He is quoted as saying:
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."


The Grand Canyon and Sedona definitely taught me not to settle...to think and dream big, and go for your dreams.


Our pains and fears really can't harm us, especially when faced head on. But when we swallow them--hook, line and sinker--we tend to go down with our pains and fears...into darkness.


I'm learning to fall in love with myself and to be satisfied with all that I am and with what I have to offer myself.


I'm learning that the beauty I see outside of me, is really already a part of who I am.


And that I cannot be separate from the love and beauty I see, think and feel.



So I can never really loose love or beauty. It's inside me, and I create it all around me.


As I exit out of the land of grand self-discovery, I embark on a new path...coming home to myself.

No comments: