Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Big Plans

So I've had 4 hours sleep which makes dealing with anything stressful...that much more stressful! An early morning trip to the vet and another day of trying to get loan approval on an RV that I'm not even sure about...oh joy!

A thick blanket of fog engulfs the highway and hides the rush hour traffic, making me feel that we are floating in another world. I can barely see the car ahead or the edge of the cliff-like mixmaster that hangs in the air pumping out thousands of cars. A sea of store signs and billboards eerily disappear and reappear like the grinning cheshire cat in Alice's wonderland. Feeling like I haven't a clue about what I'm doing or where I'm heading in life and scared I may be about to make a huge mess of things...I think of the Grand Canyon and wish for some evidence of God and His direction.

The mist has obscured most of the message of this one large political billboard but I can just make out the word, "Truth" as I pass.

The next sign clears and I read, "We've got BIG plans."

A third flashing neon sign shouts, "Join us!"

Hmm. Let's see if I got that. The truth about you and your life is that somebody has big plans for you...bigger and grander than you can imagine. And despite your plans, lack of plans, efforts or failings...the divine master plan is to get you to join Him on His plan or path...even when you can't see where you're going.

OK, that works!

No comments: