Friday, May 14, 2010

Terrified but Unstoppable

"Sun Setting over Primroses"
Photo © 2010 by S'zanne Reynolds

"Primrose Promises" 9x12" oil on linen
© 2010 by S'zanne Reynolds

"I have been terrified my entire life, and I've never let it keep me
from doing a single thing I wanted!" --Georgia O'Keefe

The above photo was taken last week in Fredericksburg at the Wildseed Farm. The farm had just closed and I stayed outside their gate and painted anyway. My painting's perspective was very different from the worm's eye view the photo was taken from. I was painting standing under a tree's shade, looking through a fence and some cactus, out over a field. And it was a couple hours before the sun set so the lighting was completely different. I wished I had had a couple more easels to paint on 2 or 3 canvases as the light changed, like Monet!

Several folks pulled off the highway to see what I was doing...just when I congratulated myself on having privacy. One old guy even wanted to chat until dinner time! Thankfully no one stopped to critique my work...just to be friendly, and maybe a little curious.

No comments: