Saturday, November 19, 2011

On the Easel


Oil in progress by S'zanne Reynolds

I met Bella, a wonderful blues singer, at a local cafe waiting tables. I just had to capture her fiery spirit in a portrait or two. She agreed to visit my studio a few weeks ago to sit for me. The above painting is the result from a short three hour sitting. I need a few more hours to complete the painting. I just love the strong, soulful, moody and defiant aura captured here and in the photos that follow. Stay tuned to see the finished piece.


A detail by S'zanne Reynolds


As her name suggests, Bella is a real beauty...


....as exquisite inside as she is on the outside.


Sitting in the "chair" we enjoyed getting acquainted and
felt as if we were long lost friends from another time.


Bella shared her beautiful voice with me while I painted
and we chattered away the hours.

No comments: