Monday, September 5, 2011

Lifelines


"Lifelines", iPhone image by S'zanne Reynolds

Passing through Fredericksburg, I stopped to take this image Saturday. Regretfully, I didn't have my good SLR with me so I pulled out my iPhone. I loved the shadow cast on the church from the power lines which made a cross over the church's door. Afterwards, I was intrigued by the way the power line to the church seemed to connect to the sky.

The image makes me ponder what really empowers us. Is it man made, nature made or divinely bestowed? Where do we place our power and who do we give our power to? As such basics as fire and water are in extremes in our lives here in Central Texas, it gave me pause to reflect on what our real lifelines are...and how much we each can express the divine source of power, right where we are. We seem to see this with the most clarity in times of disaster. As the Good Books says:

"You're blessed when you are at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and His rule." The Message, Matthew 5:3

Thoughts and prayers go out to the fire fighters, families and individuals struggling with the Central Texas fires...especially those hardest hit in Bastrop. May all your lifelines be strengthened, preserved or restored with love and care.


Marker Detail of Lifelines, iPhone image by S'zanne Reynolds

No comments: