Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Sacredness of Brushstroke...and Chicken

"If we devote ourselves to sacredness in our vocations, the world will rise to meet us." ~Joel Salatin



Here's some "chicken soup" for the artist's soul:
Joel Salatin speaks on his success raising chickens and how he had no Wall Street plan or PR model...except to express sacredness in every action. It made me reflect on how this could apply to my life and to my art. Does sacredness permeate each brushstroke even though it may get covered up? Do I inject as much nobility into a thumbnail as I do into a painting? Or, do I put nearly as much sacredness and nobility into my artwork as I do in caring for others...or even cleaning the house? Good food for thought!

"...my success is tied to the cumulative effect of everyday stories and faithfulness to injecting sacredness and nobility into every little action of my day. When we put that kind of ministry...sacredness and nobility...to permeate every one of our actions, the world will be ennobled...and we will have raised a great legacy for our children and our families." ~Joel Salatin

No comments: